Sunday, January 18, 2009

Thou Shalt Covet Thy Sunglasses...


I have always known that I am somewhat of an impulse buyer... by somewhat, I mean that I am fairly good at walking away from an item that I see in a store that I immediately want.  However, I am extremely bad at walking away from items which I covet over time (and I can be very impulsive in my coveting choices).  Point and case, my Beats by Dre Tour headphones (posted below), which I had many weeks to agonize over prior to purchase. 

My latest acquisition, however, I have always known I would own eventually.  Now, for many reasons, I had put off actually buying these glasses; firstly, because the majority of the Ray Ban Wayfarers you see in the stores are small, they never really looked quite right on me; secondly, I own many pairs of sunglasses, Oakley Frogskins (very similar) being part of that collection; and thirdly, I knew, that of all the glasses I own, I really only wear one pair on a regular basis.  Then, about a month ago, tragedy struck and my trusted favorite sunglasses died, leaving a hole within my collection for a new favorite pair.  And then yesterday, upon a purpose driven visit to the optical store, I found my new favorite; black frames, with black polarized lenses, large Ray Ban Wayfarers. Fate. Bought. Loved immediately.

No comments: