Sunday, December 7, 2008

LoveHate Poetry... Installation #3


Running up to Seeing is Believing I thought I might share a poem of my own creation. It is dark... but that is what makes it what it is.

I Dreamt of Death
By Sean William Bowles

I dreamt of the moment Death will leave with my soul
Standing bare black naked alone, knee deep in the snow
I see my face mirrored beneath Death's dark hood
My eyes become his, looking back where I once stood
I am merely a shadow now, the wisp of my last breath
I lost my life, the moment I dreamt of death...

I walk alone now with nothing left to feel
The ground beneath my feet is cold and hard like steel
Death has consumed me, I see him with my waking eyes
The shadowy figures of loved ones are nothing but cruel lies
No flesh, no bone, no body, just a spirit in its stead
I ceased to be living; the moment I dreamt I was dead...

They say a dream cannot harm you, but I feel tortured forevermore
I wonder what his plans are, what Death may have in store
You may not believe this, but death will cause you no pain
You dies so you can feel, so Death does not come in vain
We become the earth when in peace we are laid to rest
I began living, the moment I dreamt of death.

No comments: